Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Consumers + Providers United = Power!

In this blog, I examine organic food and foster its cultivation, consumption, and trade worldwide.

Who am I?

I grew up at the edge of a village in southern Wisconsin (USA) where as a boy my task, every other day, sunshine, snow, or rain, was to fetch a half gallon of milk for our family from the farm up the hill.  More than once, a bull in the farmer's yard scared me and at other times I slipped on ice and spilt the milk!

As a grownup, mostly, my career has been in marketing communications.  For more on my background, see www.linkedin.com/in/richardg1rettig.

Why this blog?

I want the community of organic food consumers and providers to become more conscious--to wake up to one another.  The organic food movement, now scattered and largely local, can become a force to change the world--if only it will!

I am designing and developing a communication service to help consumers and providers of organic food reach out to one another based on specific product needs, using their smartphones, tablets, and/or computers.  More on this in later postings.

Who are members of the organic food community?

You are, if you consume, raise, or in some way process, distribute, sell, or serve organic food 

In later postings, I'll look more closely on the needs of each of you as a consumer, farmer/rancher, processor, wholesaler, retailer, food server (at schools, companies, hospitals, retirement communities, etc.) and restaurants.  And I'll hope to hear from you about your needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment