Monday, June 3, 2013

Who Makes Up the Organic Food World?

Every Farmer and Distributor Is Also a Consumer!

 
 
 
Everyone who consumes organic food is part of the ever-growing organic food world.  You and I may play roles only as Consumers.  However, others play multiple roles:
 
 

The Farmer

 

Here's what many a farmer may say:
 
  • I raise organic food for my family's consumption.
  • I raise organic food for sale at a food stand on a nearby road, at a farmers' market, to sell wholesale, to sell to one or more local shopkeepers.

 

 

The Shopkeeper

 
Here's what a shopkeeper may say:
 
  • I buy organic food for my customers.
  • I buy organic food to feed my family. 



The Food Processor

 
 
Here's what a processor of organic food may say:
 
  • I buy organic food to enable me to create an organic food product to sell.
  • I buy organic food to feed my family.
 


The Meal Service Provider

 
 
Here's what the meal service provider may say:
 
  • I buy organic food to serve in my restaurant.
  • I buy organic food to serve in our company cafeteria.
  • I buy organic food to serve in our school cafeteria.
  • I buy organic food to serve in our hospital cafeteria.
  • I buy organic food to serve in our retirement home dining room.
 

The Organic Food Roles Add Up!

 
 
The organic food world is sporadically and  haphazardly organized.  Here and there we find organizations of farmers, sometimes consumers, rarely, however, if ever, wholesalers, or even retailers.
 
Growing numbers, however, do protest against the use of pesticides, food additives, GMOs, and cruelty to animals in the food chain from farm to dinner table.
 
 

We Aim to Help the World of Organic Food Organize!

 
 
Through our communication service, I Control Communications
 (www.icontrolcommunications.com), we aim to link all who care about organic food, to link up with one another--whatever their role.

 

We Welcome Your Interest!

 

Help Us Get the Word Out!

 
 
*   *   *
 







No comments:

Post a Comment